Corporate Social Responsibility Policy
PBP Services (Scotland) Ltd is committed to operating its business in a manner that is both sensitive and responsible with proper regard to its legal obligations and according to relevant directives, regulations and codes of practice. It is committed to Corporate Social Responsibility, specifically:
- Promoting business activity that brings simultaneous economic, social and environmental benefits
- Encouraging innovative approaches and continuing development and application of best practices
- Ensuring the best minimum levels of performance in areas such as health & safety, the environment and equal opportunities.
- Creating a framework that facilitates business practices that balance profit and success with achievement of social and sustainabilitygoals
- Taking an active part in supporting the local community and social causes
COMMITMENT TO CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
PBP Services (Scotland) Ltd recognises that its operations have an effect on the communities and environment in which it operates. In light of this, PBP Services (Scotland) Ltd is committed to operating in a socially responsible manner, supporting a number of local communities and social / charitable causes, as well as running its operation in an environmentally sustainable manner.
LOCAL COMMUNITY & SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
PBP Services (Scotland) Ltd is proud to support local community projects as well as a range of deserving and charitable causes.
OUR WORK COLLEAGUES
We are committed to ensuring that we provide a motivational and fulfilling environment in which to work. We focus hard on recruiting and retaining the best people, recognising their achievements and rewarding their efforts.
We believe that much of our success can be attributed to the values that we hold and that are embedded throughout the organisation. PBP Services (Scotland) Ltd’s core values are as follows:
ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT PROGRAMME & OBJECTIVES
We strive to improve our environmental performance and take all reasonable steps to manage our operations so as to minimise our environmental impact and promote good environmental practice. We acknowledge our responsibility to the natural environment and strive to minimise any negative impact from our operations.
Methods for meeting the objectives within the Environmental Management Programme include:
We have in place a full environmental policy which details how these impacts will be monitored, managed and wherever possible, reduced.
It is PBP Services (Scotland) Ltd’s aim to create an environment that encourages and values diversity within its workforce and builds on the differences individuals bring, enabling PBP Services (Scotland) Ltd’s continued success.
We aim to draw upon the widest possible range of views and experiences in order to meet the changing needs of our colleagues, clients and partners.
We seek to promote diversity and to respond to the needs of all individuals in a fair and equitable manner, whilst observing our commitment and responsibility to current legislation.
To achieve this, PBP Services (Scotland) Ltd will:
- Fulfil its social responsibility towards its colleagues, temporary workers and the communities in which it operates
- Recognise all of its legal obligations
- Make all opportunities (including advertising, interview and selection processes, promotion and training) as accessible as possible to under-represented and protected characteristic groups
- Endeavour to attain a workforce that is representative of the communities from which it is drawn to secure the widest pool of talent possible
- Recruit, train and promote the best person for the job, to make full use of the talents and resources of all our colleagues
- Create a working environment free from unlawful discrimination, victimisation and harassment in which all colleagues are treated with dignity and respect
- Periodically review its selection criteria and procedures to ensure that they remain compliant and maintain a system that ensures fairness
- Provide the facilities and opportunity for any colleague who believes that they have been treated inequitably within the scope of this policy to raise the matter through the appropriate grievance or complaints procedure
- Log all reported instances of harassment and take action to mitigate and minimise harassment and victimisation whereverpossible
- Ensure that colleagues understand that breaches of this policy will not be tolerated and could lead to disciplinary proceedings
HEALTH & SAFETY
It is PBP Services (Scotland) Ltd’s duty to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, the health, safety and welfare at work of all colleagues. This requires that regard is paid in particular to:
- Maintaining healthy and safe premises, as well as a healthy and safe working environment
- Providing and maintaining safe systems at work
- Providing health and safety information and training
- Ensuring safety in the use of articles and substances
- Providing such information, training, instruction and supervision as is necessary to ensure the health and safety at work of allemployees
- Publishing our employee manual with contents covering at least the following areas:
- Health & Safety Policy Statement
- Health & Safety Rules
- Accident Recording and Reporting
- Communication and Consultation
- Display Screen Equipment (DSE) or Visual Display Units (VDUs)
- Fire and Emergency Evacuation
- Manual Handling
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Risk Assessment
- Training for Health & Safety
PBP Services (Scotland) Ltd is vehemently opposed to the use of slavery in all forms; cruel, inhuman or degrading punishments; and any attempt to control or reduce freedom of thought, conscience and religion.
PBP Services (Scotland) Ltd will ensure that all of its colleagues, agents and contractors are entitled to their human rights as set out in The Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
PBP Services (Scotland) Ltd will not enter into any business arrangement with any person, company or organisation which fails to uphold the human rights of its workers or who breach the human rights of those affected by the organisation’s activities.
ETHICAL PURCHASING & PROCUREMENT
PBP Services (Scotland) Ltd is committed to procuring its works, goods and services in an ethically and environmentally sensitive way, yet with proper regard to its commercial obligations, ensuring that suppliers deliver to agreed timescales, quality and cost.
Purchasing is undertaken in a manner that encourages competition, and offers fair and objective evaluation of offers from all potential suppliers.
This policy will be reviewed regularly and may be altered from time to time in light of Legislative changes or other prevailing circumstances.
Signed: Peter Bruce (Managing Director)
Reviewed: 22nd February 2018 (Rev2)